Saturday will bring with it the first day of March. Why am choosing to write about March, already? There are so many things that are wonderful about this month. Not only do we start to give into our hopes of seeing a long winter end, we also change our clocks forward to gain more daylight, we celebrate St. Patrick’s day, and in my family my birthday is this month. More importantly to me and other crochet fans, March is wonderful because it is designated National Crocheting Month.
March is one month that you can be overly enthusiastic about your craft. You can indulge in deliriously mad fun about crocheting. It is the one month out of the year to show your love of crocheting to the world. The days are counting down to the first of March. You now have four days to think about and plan how you will be celebrating. I listed a few suggests below. Yet do not limit yourself to my list, let you imagination run wild.
1. This is the perfect time to teach someone else the love of crocheting. By doing this you also might pick up a crocheting buddy and start a wonderful friendship.
2 Maybe try a new stitch you have saw and loved.
3. Crochet some things for charity or some one you love.
4. Crochet in public.
5. Try a new yarn fiber or speciality yarn you have never used before.
6. Crochet an Easter (or Resurrection Sunday as I like to call it) gift for a loved one. April 20th will be here before you know it.
7. Start or join a crochet group in your area.
8. Challenge yourself to a new crocheting technique.
9. Commit to crochet everyday in the month of March. Just thirty minutes a day will keep your commitment, and possibly complete unfinished projects.
10. Treat yourself to a new crocheting accessory or a new crocheting bag.
These are just a few suggestions, and however you choose to celebrate- just grab your hooks and some yarn and let your love of crocheting be shown to the world this month. If you want to choose from the list above or you have some special way to celebrate that I have overlooked, please share. I would love to hear about it, I am always looking for creative expressions for crochetings “March Madness”
Until next week, keep those hooks flying.